304 Diamond Street
Masterful and fresh, with powerful, elegant livability, this beautifully conceived and carefully realized modern residence was custom designed for its owners by John Lum Architecture.
On three levels, with breathtaking, lush outlooks and peeks of city views, the home is in an A+ location: walkable to the amenities, transportation and parks of Eureka Valley, Mission Dolores and Noe. With an expansive scale in every space, a restrained palette of finish material and color, clever visual access to the views, this welcoming environment enjoys the indoor & outdoor character of California Living and serene polished interiors.
The massive and airy foyer welcomes visitors to a grand entry, a useful environment for an art collection, furnishings, or sculpture. Expansive floating oak stairs rise to the formal dining room, lit by a unique wall of windows capturing the southern light. This dramatic room intersects the public areas of the home which are anchored in wide plank white oak flooring with carefully chosen window openings framing views of downtown, surrounding hills and sky.
The double formal living room on the East side of the home is fitted with custom walnut bookcases flanking the sleek gas fireplace set into a stone mantle by Ann Sacks. The double bays are wrapped in East facing windows, these grand entertaining rooms are flooded with natural light and wired for home theater, built-in audio, and surround sound.
Adjacent is a custom office, clad in a luminous glass wall sharing the eastern light. Flexible in function, the office, fitted with custom floor to ceiling book cases, is served by a handsome natural stone full bath and can function as guest quarters.
To the West, a pristine and impressive professionally equipped kitchen with massive quartz waterfall island, Heath back splash and exquisite Foscarini pendants is open to the family room and includes a gas fireplace, Venetian plaster wall and connects, through massive floor-to-ceiling wall of windows which opens the entire back of the house to the inviting deck and deep, lush garden. Additional custom storage and gas fireplace complete the space.
The upper floor, with two generous suites benefits from the city view and luxe custom bath and laundry room. The master bedroom with its custom garden view seating includes a private deck from which to enjoy the city view, Venetian plaster clad gas fireplace, dual closets, double sinks and walk-in shower.
The lower level suite is connected to the garden and communicates through the generous entry foyer. Perfect for guests and entertaining, the private suite features a full kitchen, luxe bath and generous open space with ample closets.
Devised of steel, glass, concrete and wood, the strength and elemental beauty of this home derives from thoughtful architecture, refined workmanship, smart features, and the highly functional floor plan. The resulting design, luminous from expansive entry to stunning landscape, is a perfect backdrop for furnishings and art, the love of nature and a robust, sophisticated city life.
- 3-4 Bedrooms, 4 Luxe Full Baths
- 3 Levels with Northern Views from East to West
- Formal Dining Room with Infused with Natural Light
- Double Living Room with Custom Built-Ins & Gas Fireplace with Honed Limestone Tile Surround from Ann Sacks
- Pristine Professionally Appointed Kitchen and Family Room Open to Deck and Garden
- Private In-Law Suite Connected to Garden / Garage
- Deep Lush Mature Garden/ Ipe Decking
- 2 Car Garage Parking with Interior Access
Design and Construction
Architect: John Lum Architecture
General Contractor: Hawke Construction Inc.
Systems / Smart Features:
- Nest Thermostats
- Bay Area Alarm-Connected and Monitored Security System
- August Remote Entry Gate and Entry Door
- iPad Power on Each Floor for App-Controlled Security and Entertainment Systems
- Two Tank-Less Hot Water Heaters
- Radiant Floor Heating Throughout with Independent Electric Radiant Heat for 3 Baths
- Central Vacuum by MD Silent Master
- Regency Gas Fireplaces with Venetian Plaster and Honed Limestone Surrounds
- Solar Array from SunPower minimized cost of electricity
Amenities / Finishes
- Dramatic Light Fixtures:
- Artimede Sconces
- Dining Room Pendant by Mooi
- Over Kitchen Island – Dual Caboche Piccola Pendants by Foscarini
- White Oak Wide Plank Flooring in Natural Finish
- Custom Walnut Interior Details
- Bespoke Walnut Cabinetry
- Anodized Bronze Windows, Doors & 7 Skylights by Western Window Systems
Custom Professionally Appointed Main Level Kitchen
- Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- Wolf Electric Wall Oven, 6 Burner Gas Stovetop, Pot Filler, Microwave, Hood
- Beverage Refrigerator Under Counter in Island
- Miele Dishwasher
- Moen & Grohe Fixtures
- Custom Backsplash by Heath Ceramics
- Dual Caboche Piccola Pendants by Foscarini grace the oversized Caeserstone Waterfall Island
In-Law Suite Kitchen
- Summit Refrigerator
- Kitchen Aid Stove Top
- Samsung Microwave
- Moen Sink
- Stone Counters
- Bamboo Cabinets
- Sinks by Axor Hansgrohe, Lacava & Kohler
- Fixtures by Axor Hansgroh, Grohe, Kohler
- Toilets by Brondell, Toto
- Marble counters
Garden / Decks
- Ipe Decking
- Direct Gas Line for BBQ